Razer Inc., the company known for the gaming computers, Razer has taken another step, now entered the smartphone market with a bang. With its award-winning design and software platform Razer has unveiled: Razer Phone. This is an Android smartphone that is said to have groundbreaking audiovisual technologies and processing unit fit for smartphone gaming.
Probably, it has everything you might want, except the 3.5mm headphone jack which has started to lose its existence on premium smartphones. Instead of the traditional 3.5mm audio jack, it comes with a THX-certified USB-C audio adapter with a 24-bit digital audio converter (DAC).
The phone comes with a Quad HD IGZO IPS LCD- 5.72-inch display. The thing that has caught the attention of most people is the Razor Phone’s display; It’s the first phone to support a refresh rate of 120Hz fueled by a tech called UltraMotion. The phone is promised to deliver the fastest refresh rates and smoothest graphics. The UltraMotion display has an adaptive refresh technology that synchronizes the GPU and display which removes image tearing or lag. Other things that will complement your gaming experience is the sound. Razor Phone feature front-facing stereo speakers and dual amplifiers with Dolby Atmos.
Razor is calling their new device a “Smartphone for Gamers,”. It comes with the powerful processor and big RAM. The Razer phone comes with an astounding 8GB of RAM along with an expandable 64GB internal storage. Moreover, the phone comes with the latest Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor and Adreno 540 GPU. The inbuilt Razer Game Booster app allows users to maximize the power and performance and fine-tune their experiences.
The phone operates on stock Android 7.1.1(Nougat) with a couple of added features and comes with the premium version of the Nova Launcher preloaded. The OS can be upgraded to Android Oreo in next year Q1.
As a gaming phone, the camera is not too much of a focus, as it has nothing to do with gaming. The phone houses a dual camera on the back. The main camera comes with 12 MP f/1.8 and the 13 MP telephoto f/2.6 aperture with the dual-tone flash. Also, the front camera is 8MP wide angle with f/2.0 aperture.
The 8mm slim aluminium body of the Razer Phone is powered by a 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ support. It is definately a “Smartphone for gamers”. Although, it might not have the best looks that we are used to seeing in the high-end device segment.
- Display: 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IGZO LCD UltraMotion display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimension: 158.5 x 77.7 x 8 mm; Weight: 197g
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- ROM: 64GB (UFS) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android Oreo
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and 13MP secondary camera with f/2.6 zoom lens, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Audio: Stereo front-facing speakers, Dual amplifiers, Audio adapter with THX-certified DAC
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+